Already have Rappler+?
to listen to groundbreaking journalism.
This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article.
EGAY. Satellite image of Typhoon Egay (Doksuri) as of July 26, 2023, 11 am.
Rainfall and wind warnings are still in effect late Wednesday morning, July 26, due to Typhoon Egay (Doksuri) and the enhanced southwest monsoon
MANILA, Philippines – Typhoon Egay (Doksuri) made its second landfall in Dalupiri Island in Calayan, Cagayan, at 9:30 am on Wednesday, July 26, hours after its first landfall in Fuga Island in Aparri, also in Cagayan, at 3:10 am.
Egay was last spotted over the waters off Dalupiri Island, moving southwest at 15 kilometers per hour (km/h).
The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) said in its 11 am bulletin on Wednesday that Egay may continue to exhibit a “wobbling motion” while in the vicinity of the Babuyan Islands in the next 6 hours. Both Dalupiri and Fuga are part of the Babuyan group.
Egay maintained its strength, with maximum sustained winds of 175 km/h and gustiness of up to 240 km/h. At its peak, it was a super typhoon.
Tropical cyclone wind signals are still raised in the following areas as of 11 am on Wednesday:
Signal No. 4
Typhoon-force winds (118 to 184 km/h), significant to severe threat to life and property
- northern part of Cagayan (Santa Ana, Gonzaga, Claveria, Sanchez Mira, Pamplona, Abulug, Ballesteros, Aparri, Buguey, Santa Teresita, Camalaniugan, Santa Praxedes) including Babuyan Islands
- northern part of Apayao (Calanasan, Luna, Santa Marcela)
- northern part of Ilocos Norte (Burgos, Bangui, Dumalneg, Pagudpud, Adams, Pasuquin, Vintar, Bacarra)
Signal No. 3
Storm-force winds (89 to 117 km/h), moderate to significant threat to life and property
- rest of Cagayan
- rest of Apayao
- northern part of Kalinga (Rizal, Pinukpuk, Balbalan)
- northern part of Abra (Tineg, Lagayan, Lacub, Danglas, Bangued, La Paz, San Juan, Dolores, Tayum, Lagangilang, Malibcong, Licuan-Baay, Peñarrubia, Pidigan, Langiden, San Quintin, Bucay, San Isidro, Sallapadan)
- rest of Ilocos Norte
- northern part of Ilocos Sur (Magsingal, San Juan, Cabug