Batanes Island Philippines: Guide to Batan, Sabtang & Itbayat (Tourism Video)
Batanes Island Philippines: Guide to Batan, Sabtang & Itbayat (Tourism Video) Fall in love with the northernmost islands of the Philippines not only for its beauty but also with its cultural heritage, well-preserved villages, yummy Ivatan cuisine, and most of all the islands’ proud Ivatan people.
BATANES: Awesome Guide to Batanes Isles: Batan, Sabtang & Itbayat! Read more: https://awesm.pl/batanesnextstop Take a timeless journey through the Philippines last frontier!
We love Batanes for its picturesque landscapes and breathtaking views. Imagine green grasslands as far as your eyes can see, towering limestone cliffs, crystal clear waters, and beautiful views that look straight from a scene of Lord of The Rings, Jurrasic Park, and Moana! It’s not hard to understand why Batanes is on every Filipino’s bucket! Here’s our guide to Batanes’ top three islands- Basco, Sabtang, and Itbayat…
FACTS ABOUT BATANES:
• The province’s ettirety from landscape and seascape is protected by the government.
• The Islands of Basco and Sabtang were formed by a volcanic eruption while Itbayat was formed due to techtonic movements of the plate.
• The Ivatans are indegenous people protected by the IPRA Law 1997.
• The weather even on summer is cooler than the rest of the Philippines. The coolest months are March to December where temperature can fall as low as 10 degrees.
• Expect to pay cash all the time. Though Landbank and PNB atm’s are available in Basco.
Video credit: Our Awesome Planet